About our partner:
The company is determined to eliminate the idea of waste by making it possible to recycle items that are traditionally considered non-recyclable. A global pioneer in green business, the company operates in 21 countries in partnership with some of the world’s most recognizable brands and retailers, including Kraft/Mondelez, Procter & Gamble, Nestle, L’Oreal, British American Tobacco, and E.J Gallo amongst others. Through these partnerships, the company engages over 48 million participants to collect and send waste for free from their schools, offices, non-profits, community groups, and a wide variety of other organizations as well as homes. The company then turns the collected waste into a wide variety of eco materials and products.
- Develop, maintain and extend company websites and applications.
- Participate in meetings when appropriate and be able to discuss technical issues in a clear and positive way with non-technical audiences.
- Help define and execute standards and practices that enable our development team to do this as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Internal support: Troubleshoot website, server, and other problems in weekly rotation with other IT team members.
- Experience in TDD/BDD
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Git
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Heroku or other)
- Basic Linux experience
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails, PHP
- Experience in at least one statically typed language (preferred: C++/Java/C#)
- Linux System Administration skills