- Loop is seeking a VP, Loop Insights & Analytics who can combine analytical skills and soft skills to convey research and data findings to drive actions with business partners across levels and functions, inside and outside of Loop.
- This individual will integrate insights primarily from sales data, but also consumer survey and interview data to help solve tough business problems, set direction and drive growth for Loop and our brand and retailer partners. We are looking for someone who is strong at discovering the aha among a lot of noise and converting that into compelling action steps and recommendations.
- Loop is a ground-breaking circular shopping platform that enables consumers to transition from single use disposable materials to reusable durable packaging, while still using their favorite brands and shopping in their usual retail channels. The data the team works with is also novel, as it comprises of return data (vs only sales data) and the planning of reverse logistics across multiple product categories and multiple retailer channels.
- The ideal candidate has experience in packaged goods or the retail industry to help strategically frame and drive action with C-suite stakeholders at brand and retailer partners, while also being ready to roll up sleeves to create the dashboards and processes to enable the rest of our internal team to self-serve the data to run their respective marketing, finance, operations, etc areas more effectively. We need someone who thrives in a fast-paced and scrappy team environment where everyone pitches in and stretches where needed.
- Lead a 3-person Global Insights & Analytics team, providing subject matter expertise and guidance on analyzing packaged goods data against industry standard KPIs (trial/conversion rate, repeat/loyalty, avg basket size, user penetration, purchase frequency, active/lapsed)
- Package data analyses and consumer learnings into quarterly presentations to keep the broader Loop ecosystem of partners informed of the latest knowledge from lead markets.
- Analyze monthly or quarterly sales and return performance and conduct ad hoc analyses against KPIs to answer business questions at overall platform level & for individual brands, many times culminating in presentation slides or sound bites for stakeholders such as current/future brand and retailer partners, investors and media.
- Partner with other functions such as Operations, Account Management to apply analyses against KPIs to explore or model new sources of growth via business modeling, revenue management, demand and reverse logistics planning.
- Help navigate the development, prioritization, funding and resourcing of Loop business intelligence dashboards & reports across Analytics, Marketing, Finance & Operations areas, as the overall Loop Commercial Lead on the Business Intelligence Working Team (single point of contact / subject matter expert from each TerraCycle and Loop department) and as the overall Loop Commercial Representative on the Business Intelligence Steering Committee (senior management decision makers)
- Engage directly with 5-person TC/Loop IT Business Intelligence Team on a daily basis to formulate requirements and mockups for the creation of key metrics and reports that support above analyses, trouble shoot calculations, do hands-on user testing and document status of new and maintenance work tickets via the team project management platform, Wrike.
- Continue to suggest improvements, standardizations and automations of processes. Train Loop teammates to improve their ability to self-service basic analytics to improve decision making in their areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, computer science, business or other quantitative field
- 10-20+ yrs of business experience with strong knowledge of business drivers (product, distribution, pricing, promotion) and KPIs (trial, repeat, purchase frequency, avg basket size, etc) in FMCG or Retail for interpretation and driving recommendations
- Demonstrated track record of leveraging data to drive decisions via superb written and verbal presentation skills up to senior levels of management.
- Strong drive for continuous improvement, efficiencies, automation. Experience with software development life cycle a plus – requirements, testing, maintenance.
- Excellent analytic skills, including advanced Excel skills - extract, clean, manipulate, merge, model data, use filters, pivot tables, vlookup, sum/countifs.
- Power BI / Power Query (any BI tool) experience a plus
- Experience with scrappy, hands-on research design and execution of consumer surveys, 1:1 discussions a very strong plus at our scrappy startup. Tools used for quant and qual research include SurveyMonkey, Google Forms, Respondent.io, Zoom, Facebook/WhatsApp.
- Agility to work in fast moving environment, juggling multiple high priority projects at same time