About our partner:
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
- The Power Architecture team designs and delivers low voltage (LV) and hazardous voltage (HV) power supply systems for Jaguar Land Rover vehicles. We have responsibility for LV and HV power supply systems on all JLR powertrain variants, from conventional internal combustion engine (ICE) to mild-hybrid (MHEV), plug-in-hybrid (PHEV) and battery electric vehicles(BEV). Power Architecture is a rapid growth area and is a key enabler for Electrification and ADAS.
- The Lead LV and HV Power System Engineeris responsible for the design, verification and validation of LV and HV Power Supply Systems.
- As part of the team your role will be to ensure the following:
- Design and development of new LV and HV power supply system architectures
- Development and execution of power supply system Design Validation (DV) plans
- Creation and documentation of power supply system requirements, test cases and test procedures ∙ Power supply system issue resolution (pre and post J#1)
- Ensuring compliance with Regulations and Standards (internal and external)
- Delivering tasks and projects on time and on budget
- Technical knowledge and experience of LV and/or HV power supply systems design and/or validation
- Experience of system-level and/or component-level issue resolution and practical ability
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts, data and conclusions within the team and to stakeholders
- Electrical or electronics engineering degree (or equivalent)
- Knowledge and understanding of systems engineering principles (including MBSE & SysML)
- Knowledge and experience of the product creation process
- Knowledge and experience of power system protection, load flow, harmonic and transient analysis
- Knowledge and experience of power electronics components
- Knowledge and experience of energy storage components
- Experience of structured problem solving (8D)
- Experience of failure mode avoidance (including DFMEA)
- Knowledge and experience of functional safety (ISO 26262)
- Knowledge and experience of other systems (electric propulsion, ADAS, steering, braking etc)
- Proficient in MATLAB/Simulink
- Requirements Management using DOORS/TRM
- Experience of CAN/LIN & Flexray tools such as CANaylzer and CANape
What we offer:
- Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career working with a world-class team in state-of-the-art facilities. We offer a competitiv salary and a performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes the company is the perfect place to continue your journey.
- We are committed to equal opportunity for all.