- Assisting clients to develop and troubleshoot their applications which connect through our various APIs, whether for algorithmic trading or other purposes. As a specialist, this will primarily be written support.
- Assisting clients in the integration of API applications with third party software (such as charting software).
- Assisting third party institutions with the integration of their applications to IBKR .
- Building and maintaining a resource library for clients, including program snippets, documentation, consultancy resources .
- Creating of a variety of test and demonstration programs that utilize the API that clients can use as samples for their own development needs .
- In-house development assistance.
- Assisting in developing custom tools for internal users including other teams in Customer Service.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of coursework and/or work experience programming in Java and Python. Some knowledge in C# and C++ as well.
- Understanding of Linux Terminal and Windows command line tools
- Working knowledge of Git workflow
- A deep understanding of REST API architecture
- Strong written communication skills to accommodate client inquiries directed via email or online chat
- Fast learner, proactive and helpful
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, any European language being an advantage
- Understanding of Trading terminology
- Basic understanding and ability to work in various Operating Systems like Windows, Mac OS, Linux
- Experience with algorithmic trading.